Illinois License Reinstatement
The Illinois Drivers License may be suspended for numerous reasons including; point suspension, DWI, and driving without insurance.
The sr22 filing is normally required to prove financial responsibility.
About The Process
Illinois is one of the more difficult states to deal with when applying for a license reinstatement. The state has several different telephone numbers depending upon exactly what you are trying to accomplish.
Occasionally, the driver will be required to attend a court hearing in person.
All sr22 filings, reinstatement documents and fees must be processed through the Illinois Secretary of State’s main office in Springfield, Illinois.
Check Illinois License Or SR22 Status
(217) 782-6212 Telephone
(217) 782-3720 Automated Information
Pay reinstatement fees by telephone with credit card
(217) 782-3619 or (217) 785-8619
Illinois Secretary of State
Driver Services Department
2701 S. Dirksen Parkway
Springfield, IL 62723
Important Information About The Illinois SR22
- Sr22 filings are only accepted electronically or by mail.
- Faxed sr22 filings are not accepted.
- A license will be suspended immediately upon the sr22 expiring (no grace period).
- Once the sr22 is received, the State of Illinois will require 3-5 days for processing.